The FERSI conference will take place at the Media Museum in The Hague (Zeestraat 82). The conference itself will take place in the main event rooms (Eventzaal, Create (1st floor) and Meet (2nd floor)), but during the breaks you’re free to explore the museum.
About the museum
Originally it was the Great Royal Bazar (1843-1927) which was built on the initiative of King Willem II, who wanted to stimulate urban expansion. In the garden were greenhouses and the bazar was a great success and was even known beyond the national borders.
In 1994, the museum was enlarged by the purchase of an adjacent building dating from 1916, This Theosophical Temple is a special monument, where Freemasonry had also established a lodge at the time.
In 2016/2017, a major renovation of the museum took place. Only the façade has been preserved. The atmosphere within the museum has also been adapted into an accessible, interactive museum that focuses on the broad topic of communication.
How to get from Schiphol Airport to the Hague
- When arriving at Amsterdam Airport there are regular trains from Schiphol Airport to Den Haag Centraal Station – CS (Note: do not go to Den Haag Hollands Spoor – HS!).
- Direct fast connections leave every 30 minutes from platform 5 or 6 (same entrance – check the signs near the stairs and at the platform) at xx:56 h and xx:26 h.
- Travel time is 30 minutes. Slower connections and connections which require a change of trains are available as well.
- Create your personal itinerary on the website of the Dutch Railways (NS), which can also include public transport, walking and cycling time.
- You can purchase your e-ticket online.
How to get to the conference venue
The museum is located at the border of the main city centre near the Peace Palace. There are many bus lines and a tram, which have stops within walking distance (2-4 minutes). You either choose:
– stop Javastraat
– stop Mauritskade
– stop Vredespaleis
We are pleased to invite you to the conference dinner on October 6, which will be organised at Madurodam (George Maduroplein 1). As our guest, you will have private access to the enchanting miniature park. We will be there to welcome you from 17.45 for a social activity in the park followed by the conference dinner.
Madurodam is easy to reach from the conference venue by foot, bike or public transport.
How to get from the conference venue to Schiphol Airport
To get from the conference venue to Den Haag Centraal Station – CS you can:
- Walk: 2 km / 25 minutes
- Use public transport: several trams to Den Haag Centraal Station are available at tram stops near the conference venue, generally leaving every 10 minutes. Count on 25 minutes to get to the station (including walking & waiting). Information about the options will be available at the registration desk.
- Order a taxi: either book a taxi in advance by calling + 31 70 390 6262 or online at sneleentaxi.nl. Driving time is around 5 minutes and will cost 25- 30 Euros.
Fast, direct trains from Den Haag Centraal Station – CS to Schiphol Airport leave every 30 minutes: xx:03 from platform 9 and xx:33 from platform 10. Plan your personal itinerary here.