On 14 October 2021 FERSI will organise an online symposium: Implementing evidence-based road safety measures, removing barriers and enhancing public support. FERSI announces six speakers who will speak at the symposium.
Three presentations will be given by practitioners and decision makers on vulnerable road users, speed and road safety management. Speakers are:
- Álvaro Gómez Méndez (Director of the Spanish National Road Safety Observatory)
- Yiannis Kefalogiannis (Deputy Minister of Infrastructure and Transport in Greece)
- Pernille Sølund Ehlers (Senior Advisor at the Danish Road Safety Council)
A panel (together with the speakers and the audience) will put the issues in an international, European and scientific perspective. The panelists are:
- Matthew Baldwin (Deputy Director-General DG MOVE and European Coordinator for Road Safety and Sustainable Mobility, EC)
- Astrid Linder (Research Director Traffic Safety at VTI and Adjunct Professor at Chalmers University of Technology)
- Nhan Tran (Head Safety and Mobility, Department of the Social Determinants of Health, WHO)
More information on the speakers can be found here.