Ana I. Blanco is Associated Deputy Director for Traffic at the Spanish General Directorate for Traffic (DGT). Ana received her degree as civil engineer at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. After a period working on logistics in a private company, she became member of the staff at DGT in 2002. Among other things, she is responsible for:
- Strategic planning on mobility digitalization and ITS systems and service deployment in Spain.
- Strategic follow up of infrastructure measures for road safety.
- Coordination procedures of operation and maintenance of the Traffic Management Centres in Spain.
- National coordinator of European Projects.
- Co-chair at the eCall European Implementation Platform